Sunday, October 11, 2015
Sacred Heart Bazaar and Turkey Dinner!
Fort Bend County Fairgrounds
Hwy. 36 in Rosenberg, one mile south of U.S. Hwy. 59
Bazaar Theme (from Psalms 90:17):
"May the favor of the Lord our God be ours. Prosper the work of our hands!"
Bazaar Chairpersons: Roy and Mary Burgess
- Live and Silent Auctions (in the Main Dining Hall)
- Silent Auction begins at 11:00 a.m.
- Live Auctin begins at 12:00 p.m.
- Live Auction Chairs: Chris and Nan Haskins firstname.lastname@example.org (281) 232-4596
- Silent Auction Chair: Patty Harbes email@example.com 832-567-7163
- Turkey dinner with all the trimmings
- Dine-in or Drive Thru
- Serving begins at 11:00 a.m.
- Tickets $10
- This 'n' That Booth
- Accepting donations in Martha and Mary Center (apartments), Room 11, until 10:00 a.m. Friday, October 9.
- Accepting donations at the This 'n' That Booth until 12:00 p.m. the day of the Bazaar.
- Contact: David Hobson, 832-744-8239
- Book Booth
- Now accepting books, music, and movies. Drop off items in Martha and Mary Center (apartments), Room 11, until 10:00 a.m., Friday, October 9.
- Contact: Charlotte Constantine, 281-414-2485 Ricky Constantine, 713-402-8169
- Children's Midway (approximately 20 booths providing fun for the younger crowd)
- In need of LARGE PRIZES for the Prize Wheel activity! Pleae donate new or like-new items of $10 or more.
- Also in need of: NO baby food jars, please.
- new or lightly used stuffed animals
- unused "Happy Meal" toys
- Contact: Stephanie or Kim Strong, Stephanie.L.Strong@gmail.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fil-Amer Barbecue Booth
- Attention Fillipino Sacred Heart members!
- We need you to vounteer at this once-a-year giving of time, talent, and treasure!
- Meat cutting: Tuesday, October 6, 6:00-9:00 p.m., Family LIfe Center kitchen
- Meat skewer application: October 9, 6:00-9:00 p.m., Family Life Center kitchen
- Contact: Fe De La Calzada, 832-577-3210, email@example.com
- Gift Card Bonanza:
- Gift cards needed!
- Any size: $5, $10, $15, $20, $50, $100
- Drop off cards at Church Office during regular office hours or in the weekend collection basket.
- The weekend of the bazaar, please bring gift cards to the Gift Card Bonanza Booth.
- Tax receipt provided if requested.
- Cake Walk and Dessert Booths
- Calling all bakers! Each family is asked to bring 2 desserts for the Cake Walk and Dessert Booth.
- We will accept "store-bought," but people LOVE home-baked goods!
- Desserts may be dropped off at the Fairgrounds at either booth beginning at 8:30 a.m. the morning of the Bazaar.
- Contact: Marilda Hugo, 281-546-6956 or Mary Martinez, 281-513-1426
- Time for All Seasons Craft Booth
- Feeling "crafty?” We need you! Help make craft items for our bazaar booth!
- Tuesdays and Thursdays
- LAST CRAFTING DAY: THURSDAY, OCTOBER 8
- 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Martha and Mary Center, Room 14 (next to the Deacons’ offices)
- No special talents required!
- Can’t attend meetings? You can make things at home! Just let Paula or Jane know what you are working on.
- Contact: Jane Hausler firstname.lastname@example.org Paula Obsta email@example.com
- Rosary during Bazaar setup
- Participate in the America Needs Fatima Rosary Rally Crusade when our Bazaar setup workers take a break.
- You don't have to be helping set up to come and pray with us!
- Don't forget to return your raffle ticket stubs to the box in the church entryway, to the church office, or to the Raffle Ticket Booth on Bazaar day.
- Don't forget to turn in your "Red Envelope!" Envelopes can be dropped in the collection basket or returned to the Church Office. Thank you for your generosiy in helping defray the cost of our Turkey Dinner and Bazaar!